Delivering cheaper, cleaner energy for our future.
Skyrocketing power prices and climate change deserve serious answers, and a serious plan.
Labor has offered to work on a bi-partisan position on energy, but the Liberals and Nationals are so divided they can’t agree on a policy amongst themselves.
We need to take back control of our energy future. Labor will take real action on climate change and deliver cheaper, cleaner power.
- Invest in cheaper, cleaner renewable energy – to deliver 50 per cent of power from renewable sources by 2030.
- End the power privatisation mess – keep Snowy Hydro in public hands, and put an end to incentives for states to privatise their electricity assets.
- Better regulate power prices – with a new regulated capped offer protecting families and small business from price gouging by big energy companies.
- Stronger gas export controls – to keep Australian energy prices down and protect local manufacturing jobs.
- Future proof our energy network – by supporting new battery-storage, transmission lines, gas pipelines and dams.
- Support a just transition to renewables – helping workers and communities as ageing coal plants close and are replaced with cheaper, cleaner renewables.
- Empower businesses and communities – with support to access renewable energy and cut energy waste.
- Battery Boost for Households to Slash Power Bills - Labor will help Australians slash their power bills by setting a new national target of one million household battery installations by 2025 and providing a $2,000 rebate for 100,000 households.
Climate change is the most pressing issue of our time. While the Coalition continues to ignore the evidence and refuse to take action on climate change, Labor is ready to take strong action to ensure we pass on a better deal to the next generation. Under a Shorten Labor Government, Australia will finally catch up to the rest of the world and start fighting for the future. For more information, check out Labor's plan for environment and energy here: